Saturday, January 30, 2010

News


So, in the past few weeks a lot has happened in regards to The Danger Bears. A lot of what I would call News.

1) We have been practicing for our Coffee House show more than we have ever practiced for any show... ever. To be honest, we rarely actually run a set and prepare a whole lot for any shows we do. Usually we just freak out seconds before the show, scribble a bullshit set list and then forget to bring it up with us. By the time we get onstage we only know the first song in the set, and that we are royally screwed. With a stupid smile on my face I will ask Claire what we are preforming next (into the microphone), trying to sound like we know and I'm just asking her to announce it- in reality neither of us really know.

A foot away from the mike, a five second dialogue ensues... goes like this. (excuse the racy language, I'm just trying to be accurate)

Claire (hushed voice): What are we playing next?
Dane: I don't #ucking know!? How about All I Really Want Is You? The girls love that.
Claire: (adamantly) NO, let's do New Song.
Dane: We just did New Song, why don't you want to sing All I Really Want Is You? It's a great song!

(angry glare)
... fine, let's do Chicken Scratch...
Claire: yeah, that sounds good. (into the mike) one, two, three, four
Song Plays

Sound like fun right! WRONG. That's why we are practicing our set list, so that we will not have these polite conversations off-mike any more.

2) My room mate John Oven is a bastard.

...No, that is true but that's not what I wanted to announce on the blog, that's just common knowledge.

Oh yeah, my room mate John Oven is playing Bass Guitar and Harmonica with us at Coffee House. My BAMF* cousin Alex was benevolent enough to give us his bass guitar. Thank you Alex, because now The Danger Bears will have BASS which sounds awesome. John will also be playing harmonica at the show as well. I love John, basically he learned two instruments in a matter of weeks.

*(Alex paid me to insert the bamf)

3) DRUMS

Claire, John and I happened to be jamming in Dickonson's basement one weekend and he came down and jammed along. The dude can play anything and everything and he's exceptionally talented. Now he will be playing with us on the 3rd as well.

This is all coming along quite nicely.

On Friday The Danger Bears performed at the Haiti open mike and got on the local news.

My Dad called the next day ecstatic because he saw Claire's hand on the news...
(here's the link)


More to come
-Danger


No comments:

Post a Comment