Monday, January 18, 2010

A Day In The Sun



The Story Continues...

We continued to record, not every day, but about every weekend. Those days were some of the best. Huddled in the soft light of our music room, just letting music take control. We wrote and recorded our second song Suitcase, which was about escaping. At the time I felt caged by my parents and fascinated about living without someone constantly checking up on me. Originally the song was meant to be a duet between Claire and I. Unfortunately Claire struggles with singing it, so it ended up with just me singing alone from two different point of views.

Suitcase

Grabbed my suitcase off the shelf,
The zippers come undone.
The Train is in the station,
The Boat is in the dock,
And I would lock my door but,
I would need a lock.

(Chorus)
Where I'm going, I don't know,
But I know I'm on my way.
Where I'm going, I don't know,
I'm not getting there today.

It's a beautiful day outside,
And I am on my way.
My hair is greasy,
My shoes a little worn.
I don't care I was naked when I was born.

(Chorus)

She took her suitcase from the shelf.
She better come back, or I will raise hell.
If she is going then, I'm gone too.
I'm not gonna let her, turn me blue.

Where she's going, I don't know,
But I know she's on her way.
Where she's going, I don't know.
She's not getting there today.
(oh no no not today)

People judge her as she walks on by,
She doesn't acknowledge judging eyes.
They can't change her,
So why should she care.
They can't make her take the flowers from her hair.

Where we're going, we don't know,
But we know we're on our way.
Where we're going, we don't know,
We're not getting there today.
Oh no no, not today.

Written By: Dane Breslin
Composed By: The Danger Bears

We played Suitcase for a long time and had it on our myspace, and then one day we just kind of stopped playing it so much. No particular reason. We had two songs up, and now we needed a a photo of us. The first one's we took ourselves and then later our friend Jeffery took some for us. They were taken on a really fantastic sunny day and I think that they perfectly depicted our music and outlook on life at the time. We were a little duet band who was having a blast just playing to ourselves. Our songs were cheery and honest. Everything was brand new to us.

We were 17 and the world was beautiful.

-Danger







No comments:

Post a Comment